10/11/09

Words For the Narrow Way: 'Trials' Come To Make You Strong

Through It All, I've Learned To Trust In Jesus
Andrae Crouch 1975, New Mexico

[Note: at the beginning of the clip Andrae Crouch makes a comment about "Indian night". It seems awkward, but he had come to the stage immediately following an Indian family of four in full dress performing some of their traditional songs/dance. Watch the background right at the beginning and you will see an Indian in full headress. It WAS Indian night there in New Mexico, and he was just noting that he was now bringing something completely different. With that, this clip is a classic....well worth listening to...even if you are not a Christian.]



Verse 1
I've had many tears and sorrows, I've had questions for tomorrow,
There's been times I didn't know right from wrong.
But in every situation, God gave me blessed consolation,
That my trials come to only make me strong.

Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to trust in Jesus,
I've learned to trust in God.
Through it all, through it all,
I've learned to depend upon His Word.

Verse 2
I've been to lots of places, I've seen a lot of faces,
there's been times I felt so all alone.
But in my lonely hours, yes, those precious lonely hours,
Jesus lets me know that I was His own

Verse 3
I thank God for the mountains, and I thank Him for the valleys,
I thank Him for the storms He brought me through.
For if I'd never had a problem, I wouldn't know God could solve them,
I'd never know what faith in God could do.

***
Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 1Peter 4:12-13

No comments :