2/14/09

In or Out, Christian?

"Ah, my dear brethren, there are many that are deceived by this method of reasoning. They remain where their conscience tells them they ought not to be, because, they say, they are more useful than they would be if they went 'without the camp.' This doing evil that good may come, can never be tolerated by an enlightened conscience. If an act of sin would increase my usefulness tenfold, I have no right to do it; and if an act of righteousness would appear likely to destroy all my apparent usefulness, I am yet to do it. It is yours and mine to do the right though the heavens fall, and follow the command of Christ whatever the consequences may be. 'That is strong meat,' do you say? Be strong men, then, and feed thereon." -- C.H.S.
also: It's In or Out Christian! C.H. Spurgeon

No comments :